electronic artist // music technologist
Flux Ultra ADSR
Time is a flat circle...
The Flux Ultra is a CMOS based envelope generator. The unit features a master envelope output, individual stage gates out for attack, decay, and sustain, an end trigger out, loopable attack-decay, and a long/short length switch. This envelope generator is deceivingly functional despite a relatively small modular foot print. Combined with any type of clocked event generator, the Flux Ulta will add swells and waves of control to any modular system.
Features and Specifications:
- 3U eurorack compatible
- Variable attack, decay, and release time.
- Variable sustain level
- ADSR Stage LED indicators
- Accepts trigger, gate, or trigger + gate input
- Duel selectable envelope lengths
- A, D, and S stage gate outputs
- End trigger output
- Attack/decay looping switch
- Output Voltage: 3-5V depending on stage factors
- Front panel: 3mm thick, laser cut clear acrylic
- Width: 18 HP (aprox. 91.30 mm)
- Module depth:
- Power: +/- 12 Volts DC at 40-60 mA (shrouded 16 pin header)
Sound samples and compositions:
This demo features the Tetragon voltage controlled amplifier being modulated via the Flux Ultra Envelope generator and a Monogon in LFO range. The first portion of the recording presents the envelope shaping capabilities of the Flux Ultra as various stagings and legnths of attack, decay, sustain, and release are configued for a variety of effects. The second portion of the demo presents the Tetragon's sonic abilites via amplitude modulation when a combine with an LFO, in this case the Monogon VCO's sinewave output. Pitch and gate cv is provided by an Arturia Beatstep sequencer.
- 0:00 - 2:30 Amplitude envelope modulation via Flux Ultra
- 2:31 - 3:00 Amplitude modulation via LFO